Monday, January 23, 2012

Long the Euro?

Last week, the Euro beat us...then beat us again...and then, once again...beat us. Some are still being beaten.... 


But...that was just a battle, and we have not yet lost the war! Right now, i'm cautiously short the euro because I do think that it is still in a downtrend. That is not to say that it cant go to 1.3250 first before it goes down. It just means that its going to keep going down throughout the year....OR IS IT? 

Jim Rogers is a genius. If you recall my previous blogs, he is one of the few economists of any value. (Peter Schiff, Marc Faber, and Gerald Celente being the others)



Jim Rogers : I do not think the EU will break up at all. The euro will have some problems this year. I am actually long on euro. There are many people shorting the euro right now. But I am thinking about buying more. I do not think that the euro is going to break up in 2012. I certainly think it will within the decade, but it will survive this year, maybe some money will drop out of the euro, but it is not going to be the end of the euro. The world needs something like the euro. I hope it can pull together. I cannot invest on hope obviously.
http://jimrogers-blog.blogspot.com/


I'm not going to recommend a long or short position at this point...but we should keep a very close eye on EUR/USD If it starts climbing higher towards 1.32....and depending on the strength of the USD....and any news coming out of Greece....maybe it would be a good time to sneak in an short it for one more downturn. 

My main problem with being long/short a position in EUR/USD....is that i hate both currencies. I have little faith in the EUR, and I have even less faith in the USD. I just have to figure out which one sucks more at a given time...

No comments:

Post a Comment